Bitrix24: Free and Flexible
Bitrix24 is a project management system entirely free for unlimited users. It limits storage to 5GB a month, with an option to upgrade to more for $39 per month. For startup companies and individual projects the software is flexible and at the right price for a fairly expansive list of abilities. This application is comparable to something like Basecamp.
Bitrix24 has also been notably recognized by several websites as a quality product management tool. In 2017, Bitrix24 won Best Project Management Software from the site financeonline.com.
Packages for larger scale companies or projects start at $99.00 a month where there is no upper limit on users internal or external to the project. However, online storage is capped at 100 gigs.
Software benefits include:
- Free collaboration tool for up to 12 users
- Android and iOS support is provided for mobile versions
- Includes strong support features for use over in intranet
- Integrates with CalDAV and Outlook
- Offers communication tools for internal and external operations
- All cloud hosted software
- Designed for minimal navigation to maintain open communications
How to Use:
The above video speaks directly to the cloud-based version. Not the version that is installed on an Intranet.
Introduction to the over all appearance and interface for the Bitrix24 software. This is a third part video off of YouTube Provided by an individual who has experience with the software as a social Intranet tool.
The Butrix24 software can be quickly initiated and used upon registering with the bitrix24.com web site.
Getting set up with the Bitrix24 software begins by signing up and optionally downloading the desktop client app that allows for direct access to the account without opening a browser.
Beyond the obvious, the app specific steps to getting started can be viewed through the web site link provided below.
The help.bitirix24.com page is exceedlingly well organized to get any user up and running as soon as possible.
Advantages to Bitrix24:
- Users can choose whether to use Bitrix24 in the cloud or self-host on the company’s own server.
- The PM features are outstanding: Bitrix24 offers Gantt charts, layered task options, time tracking and management, and even employee workload planning.
- Users of Bitrix24 have noted that the app's timeline features are particularly well designed, and communication tools are robust and work well.
Elements of the program that don't make people so happy:
- Bitrix24 aims to address a number of business problems, and users can easily become overwhelmed between its project management functionality and CRM tools.
- The feral diversity of the program can lead users lost in options, unsure of what options would be best for the sort of project being initiated.
- Users from reviews.financeonlie.com have indicated that though the program is feature rich, glitches are prevelant.
B. (2015, January 29). Introduction to Bitrix24. Retrieved February 20, 2018, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMs90h-u3cA
Bitrix24 Reviews: Overview, Pricing and Features. (n.d.). Retrieved February 20, 2018, from https://reviews.financesonline.com/p/bitrix24/
Bitrix24: #1 Free Collaboration Platform With CRM, Tasks, Projects, Documents, Messaging And Much More. (n.d.). Retrieved February 20, 2018, from https://www.bitrix24.com/
Introduction to Bitrix24. (2015, January 29). Retrieved February 20, 2018, from https://youtu.be/PMs90h-u3cA